Thursday, October 20, 2011

Providend Fund (PF) Balance through SMS

Employee Providend fund (EPF) is being deducted from employees and is being remitted with PF authorities and the PF authorities provide employees with annual statement slips.

Now this process has been simplified, employees can get their PF balances through SMS.  For this employees can visit


and provide their PF number and in a few minutes they can get their balance in their account through SMS.

However there are couple of catches here :
  1. The company should have filed their monthly / annual returns along with the payments for PF deductions
  2. The PF office should have updated the records
I tried my PF number which is in Tambaram (Tamilnadu) PF office, I got the balance upto 31.03.2010 within 15 mintues through SMS.   The issue here is my company has filed their annual returns upto 2011, whereas the PF office has not updated records upto March 2011. 

But still I feel this is a good initiative and it will be a matter of time before the data will become more uptodate.  I will encourage all of you to check your EPF balances online.

This online checking will ensure that employees monies are safe in the PF account.  I am reminded of the case of "Subshika retail" who has not remitted the PF dues of its employees



No comments:

Post a Comment